Friday, March 20, 2009

Daddy's Home!




As I pulled my car into our driveway I could hear my daughter’s scream that echoed throughout the neighborhood, “Daddy’s home! Daddy’s home!” As I looked up I saw my five year old daughter Jackie bounding down the stairs on our deck to greet me. As I opened my car door and stood up she jumped into my arms. I caught her, held her, and kissed her little head never realizing what a cherished memory this moment would become. This wasn’t a one time announcement to the neighborhood but a regular ritual that occurred nearly every day during the work week. Oh how I miss hearing those words ...

Dave

Check out this video by the Jackson 5 called "Daddy's Home."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UNy6EGVyO8&feature=PlayList&p=E991AFB55F6E57FE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

No comments:

Post a Comment